Director of Investor RelationsCompany: REV Birmingham
Date Posted: May 14, 2018
Position Title: Director of Investor Relations
Reports To: President & CEO / Chief Strategy Officer
Classification: Salaried / Exempt
The Director of Investor Relations is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and managing all of REV’s charitable fundraising efforts. Working with REV leadership, the Director will develop and implement an annual fundraising plan to maintain and grow charitable giving from the private sector to support the strategic direction of the organization. The Director will strengthen REV’s financial stability by cultivating and maintaining positive relationships with current and prospective REV donors; developing new fundraising strategies, particularly ones that draw in new audiences; and leveraging opportunities to generate program income.
1. Develop, manage and implement an annual fund development plan to support REV operations and programs, with a minimum of $1.2 million each year in private sector contributions as a baseline goal;
2. Identify, cultivate, solicit, secure and steward investments and sponsorships to support the annual fund development plan;
3. Meet with current and prospective investors on a continual basis as a means of building strong, positive and long-lasting relationships with REV;
4. Communicate regularly with Birmingham’s corporate and philanthropic communities in order to share REV’s story, value and relevance and maintain current supporters and gain new ones;
5. Work with members of REV’s Board of Directors, in conjunction with the CEO and Chief Strategy Officer, to ensure their participation in investor relations efforts;
6. Work directly with REV volunteer groups to ensure engagement and devise and implement strategies for converting volunteer engagement to investor opportunities;
7. Devise and propose new campaigns for outreach to new audiences at all investment levels;
8. Oversee contact management, donor records and investment statements for all REV investors, ensuring that all gifts are acknowledged promptly, accurately and graciously; record individual work in Salesforce and/or other applicable software or reports as a means of documenting work completed, assessing effectiveness, and maintaining a current and accurate contact database for REV;
9. Support or oversee team members in seeking local, regional and national grants, including research, writing, proposal development, submission and reporting requirements;
10. Work collaboratively with REV’s Communications team to develop effective marketing and PR for fundraising initiatives, including corporate giving, capital campaigns and program initiatives to maximize support and reach;
11. Work with lead team members on events, directing the strategy and outreach for securing appropriate and necessary sponsorships;
12. Develop and maintain contacts and resources to support the overall REV team in building retail destinations in key commercial locations based on community input and market demand;
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Solid, working knowledge of successful fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising and donor cultivation;
2. Ability to lead and motivate team members in successfully accomplishing the strategic goals set by the organization;
3. Proven ability to meet or exceed performance goals;
4. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, using a thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation rules;
5. Ability to provide concise, thorough and articulate reports and presentations to a variety of audiences in both oral and written form;
6. Effective computer skills (Proficient in Windows, Outlook and Microsoft Office required; experience with fund development software and Salesforce preferred); and a willingness to master new programs to enhance REV’s effectiveness;
7. Friendly, timely customer service and follow-up;
8. Ability to prioritize responsibilities, delegate tasks and efficiently manage time independently to accomplish a variety of duties, with limited oversight from REV management;
9. Skill in developing and maintaining positive working relationships with REV staff that yield results that enhance the delivery of REV’s mission;
10. Ability to mentor and manage staff as assigned;
11. Ability to practice an appropriate level of confidentiality.
12. Ability to influence others to work cooperatively toward REV strategic priorities, big-picture revitalization goals & the common good of the City.
Requires the physical mobility to sit and walk for moderate periods of time and to occasionally carry or lift objects weighing up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be provided as necessary.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business Administration, Marketing or similar relevant field of study, with substantial experience in fundraising evident;
2. Five-seven years of experience in positions involving similar job responsibilities required. Experience in non-profit, entrepreneurial or economic development environment preferred.
3. Ability to effectively manage people and projects and bring sound decision-making abilities to bear, in order to maximize results.
4. Strategic thinker, skilled problem solver, resourceful and business-minded.
5. Organized and productive, with an ability to plan and execute complex strategies, utilizing good attention to detail.
6. Proven time management and organizational skills;
7. Hard-working with a positive attitude and willingness to accomplish the task at hand.
8. Ability to manage simultaneous tasks or projects while maintaining a team spirit.
9. Ability to effectively work with a variety of people in a professional manner and project a favorable impression of the organization;
10. Proficiency in typical office procedures and routines, and with office equipment;
11. Flexibility to facilitate / participate in meetings and events outside of core business hours (i.e. nights, weekends, etc.).
12. Valid driver’s license for traveling between local businesses, organizations and other locations as necessary.
The statements contained above reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skills required, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Please be advised that this document should not be construed, in any manner, as a contract of employment. All employees of REV Birmingham are employees “at-will”.
Please submit cover letter and resume by May 31 to Atticus Rominger, Chief Strategic Officer, at email@example.com. No phone calls please.