Development Associate/Executive AssistantCompany: The Women's Fund of Greater Birmingham
Date Posted: September 5, 2017
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the DonorPerfect database by updating all contact information, entering all donations and pledges, and working to keep data clean and up to date;
- Process all donations including checks, credit cards, online gifts, gifts of stock, grants and in-kind gifts;
- Prepare and mail thank you letters for donor contributions in a timely manner;
- Generate data reports that assist with fundraising/solicitation goals, including donor research;
- Track and invoice donors for pledges due, including recurring donors;
- Coordinate meetings, events with major donors, and special program events, including RSVP’s, logistics, and necessary materials;
- Coordinate the Annual Fund letter, including drafting the letter, segmenting donors, managing Board’s personalized notes and the mailing operation;
- Assist with background information for grants.
- Provide regular administrative support to TWF President, including managing daily schedules, coordinating meetings and conference calls, and drafting correspondence;
- Prepare for and coordinate Board meetings, including handouts and online documents, RSVP’s, meeting space, and food;
- Maintain board records, including drafting meeting minutes;
- Provide administrative support to TWF office, including opening and redirecting mail, answering phones, greeting visitors, ordering office supplies and equipment, contacting technical support for computers, printers, and phones, and maintaining official files;
- Assume a proactive role in increasing the efficiency and organization of office.
- Work closely with accountant to provide documentation for financial reporting; maintain paper files of gifts, pledges, invoices, and contracts;
- Other duties as assigned with all-hands-on-deck major events, including Collaboration Institute, Clearing the Path breakfast, and Smart Party.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel, required
- Proficiency in donor database management and queries, required
- Excellent time management skills; ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines; and self-motivated
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Strong personal responsibility and takes ownership for quality work
- A demonstrated commitment to women’s empowerment and social justice
Salary Range: $35,000 - $40,000, depending on education and experience.
Starting date is immediate.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume with references to the address below:
The Women’s Fund of Greater Birmingham
2201 5th Avenue South, Suite 110 Birmingham, AL 35233
Or email information to the following: Babs Buchanan firstname.lastname@example.org
At interview, be prepared to compose a writing sample, e.g. a letter to the board, and edit an excel spreadsheet.