Development DirectorCompany: Hispanic Interest Coalition of Alabama
Date Posted: October 4, 2017
TITLE: Development Director
JOB SUMMARY: The Development Director (DD) is a salaried, full-time position and is part of the Leadership Team. The DD is responsible for increasing and maintaining the scope of funding sources for the organization and for promoting ¡HICA’s image in the community. The DD is responsible for the oversight of all the organization’s fundraising efforts, with particular emphasis on increasing major gifts. Other priorities include corporate, foundation and government grants, annual campaigns, and special events.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
- Works with leadership to develop, implement and evaluate the annual comprehensive fundraising plan to maximize revenue to support the mission of ¡HICA!
- Secure at least $100,000 in major gifts first year (a major gift is $5,000 and above)
- Attend and lead external meetings with current and potential donors, along with managing some of those relationships
- Hold a minimum of 50 face to face visits with major gift prospects
- Works with Executive Director and Programs Director to identify, research and write government grants
- Works with Executive Director and Programs Director to ensure the timely submission of 40 individual, corporate, and foundation proposals annually and corresponding reports
- Works with the ADC to ensure successful implementation of organizational fundraisers and other key campaigns
- Works with media consultants to develop and implement the communications strategy
- Participating in team and program events including regular leadership team meetings, staff meetings, check-in’s, and various program events throughout the year
- Other duties as assigned
- Is a good listener and collaborator that can work in a diverse setting with a diverse population
- Is coachable, including taking and receiving feedback
- Communicates thoroughly with team
- Develops unique and creative ideas dedicated to increasing investments in ¡HICA!
- Is a self-starter, organized and sets priorities
- Has a positive outlook on the changing environment and assumes the best in people
- Has the ability to adapt to changing circumstances and goals
- Can effectively execute against an established plan
- Believes in social justice for all people
- Minimum three years’ experience in fund development, with proven track record
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Sophisticated written and oral communication skills;
- Experience with donor software and Microsoft Office;
- demonstrated capacity to efficiently manage multiple tasks; thorough attention to detail; demonstrated capacity to work cooperatively with staff of other organizations;
- Demonstrated interest and/or previous experience in a volunteer or professional capacity working with immigrants
- Bilingual/Bicultural, Spanish/English a plus
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Competitive Salary, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama Health, Dental, and Vision insurance (Vision available at employee’s expense) paid at 100% for employee, retirement plan with up to 3% matching after one year of service, 20 days paid time off first year of employment.
The Hispanic Interest Coalition of Alabama (¡HICA!) is a statewide 501(c)(3) organization that engages and empowers Alabama’s Hispanic community and its numerous cultures as an economic and civic integrator, social-resource connector, and statewide educator. ¡HICA!’s work helps New Americans become US Citizens, business owners, leaders in their community while preparing Hispanic youth to attend college and begin a fulfilling career. Additionally, ¡HICA! advocates for and organizes with the community to ensure policies are inclusive of all people’s interests. ¡HICA! operates according to the core values of social justice, respecto, dignity, accountability, and empowerment. ¡HICA! was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Birmingham. For more information, visit www.hispanicinterest.org.
Please put the name of ¡HICA!’s Board Chair in the subject line of your email.
The Hispanic Interest Coalition of Alabama hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, military discharge status, or source of income.