November 9, 2017
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), Alabama Chapter sponsors an annual awards program to recognize outstanding achievements by individual, foundation and corporate philanthropists, fundraising volunteers, and professional fundraising executives.
The vision of the AFP Alabama Chapter is to create and foster extraordinary fundraising professionals for an extraordinary philanthropic community. Therefore the Alabama AFP Chapter honors those who hold high ethical standards and best exemplify commitment, dedication, and talent toward helping Alabama. These awards are given in recognition to those individuals and organizations whose life-time or long-term achievements have made a significant impact in our community.
Award winners will receive:
- Individual recognition in the November Birmingham Business Journal Non-Profit Issue
- Unique steel statuette presented individually at the event, in the company of up to 400 philanthropic-minded friends.
- A professional video featuring their contributions to the community and the nominating organization. Video can be used after the event on your website, social media and organization publications.
- Professional photographs for use on your website, social media, and in organization publications
- Four tickets to the event in addition to their seat at the head table.
For each award, please review and follow these guidelines:
- Any person from the community may submit a nomination.
- No more than two organizations can nominate the same individual jointly.
- Award winners must be present to accept their award at the luncheon on November 9, 2017.
- Awards selection will take place in mid-August and nominators will be informed if their nominee was selected.
- Previously submitted nominations will not be carried forward. Please submit a new application for 2016 consideration.
- If nominee is selected, nominators of award recipients will be asked to provide one professional hi-resolution head shot of awardee(s), 5 supporting pictures of the awardee(s) working with their organization/community, and may be asked to appear on the NPD awards video.
- Nominations will open soon.
Award descriptions are below.
Click the award name to be directed to the corresponding nomination form.
Many civic organizations, foundations, nonprofit agencies, and service groups serve our communities and advance causes vital to our quality of life. This award is presented to a highly visible champion of existing causes, special projects, or new initiatives.
The award recognizes a business or company that has provided direct financial, in-kind or volunteer support to non-profit organizations and charitable projects in Alabama. Exceptional nominees will be diversified in their service to the non-profit sector, often taking leadership roles in encouraging involvement by other businesses.
The award recognizes that today’s youth play a major role in changing the world. Young people can make a difference and are the future of philanthropy. Eligible nominees are individuals between the ages of 12-25 or a group (sororities, fraternities, college athletic teams, etc.) who demonstrate philanthropy through service, volunteering and/or fundraising, and serve as an example for others.
Professional advisors play a key role in connecting philanthropic individuals to community needs by helping them meet their personal charitable giving goals. Candidates should support philanthropy in their work by facilitating significant gifts to local charities, as well as personally by giving time, talent, charitable contributions, and leadership among fellow professionals. Eligibility is limited to candidates representing high professional standards in one of the following fields: law, accounting, insurance, financial planning, banking, or investment services.
This award honors the individual, couple or family who have demonstrated exceptional leadership in community projects or major fundraising campaigns benefiting a charitable organization. Nominees should also exhibit organizational skills, as well as the ability to recruit and motivate others to support philanthropic causes.
The award is presented to an individual, couple or family demonstrating exceptional financial generosity to charitable organizations and causes in Alabama. Nominees should not only have played a key role in assisting organizations achieve their financial goals, but also set an example for others to follow.
The award is presented to a fundraising professional demonstrating commitment to the profession, knowledge of the industry, and leadership capabilities. The individual will also exemplify the ethics and standards set forth by AFP. Nominees should have a track record of service, and advancing philanthropy in their workplace and the greater community. AFP members in good standing highly preferred.